Today I’m reviewing the Deborah Lippmann nail polish in “Razzle Dazzle.”
I bought this polish for two reasons: it looked like the perfect sparkly Christmas polish and I had never tried any Deborah Lippmann polishes before. This is hands down the most expensive nail polish I own (it cost $20) and I have to say that overall I am disappointed with it.
I painted this onto my nails following my usual nail routine, with no base coat underneath and my Revlon clear top coat on top.
Let’s get into the pros and cons:
- It is a beautiful sparkly red color.
- The bottle looks very high end and classy.
- The brush handle is textured so it is easy to grip as you’re painting your nails. The brush itself is also very nice and is a great size (not too big or to small on the nail).
- Chipped on the second day of wear, and then started to peel off.
- Had to put on three coats because the first two were not opaque enough on my nails.
- Stained my nails when I removed the polish.
This polish did not live up to the expectations that I had for it. After realizing that it stained my nails I will definitely have to use a polish underneath it in the future, but for 20 dollars I was expecting it to be fine on its own. I would never have bought such a expensive polish knowing that it had to be layered over another polish! I also never use a base coat with any of my drugstore nail polishes and none of them have ever left a stain on my nails before. After this disappointing experience I was inspired to pick out some of my favorite drugstore glitter polishes. A post on them will be part of my 12 Days of Christmas series.
What are your thoughts on Deborah Lippmann polishes?
Thanks for reading! 🙂